Solutions and Options for the new solar regulations in Costa Rica.
With the new regulations for Costa Rica coming into place, the consumer will have a couple of options. Costa Rica Solar Solutions can offer options such as Power Reduction, Feed in Limiting, and battery storage.
In other markets around the world, feeding energy into the grid at certain times of the day is prohibited. In those markets SolarEdge has the solution of Feed in Limiting or fixed power reducing.
Benefits of Feed-in Limitation:
- Set limits imposed by network restriction
- Increases self-consumption
- Highly competitive cost grid limiting device
- Fast response time –follows rapid power changes (<1 sec)
- Advanced Metering of Consumption, accurate information on loads and self-consumption, System owners can reduce their electricity bills by changing consumption behavior.
- This component is used in conjunction with the SolarEdge Storedge and Tesla system.
- Allows for battery back up when the grid is down.
Fixed Power Reducing allows you to change the inverter settings and reduce the amount of power being produced. This option still injects excess power into the grid but is reduced by the amount of energy being produced by the inverter.
Benefits of Power Reducing:
- Allows your system to not over generate power and set to your self-consumption.
- This method does not prevent power go thru the meter.
- Low cost, no additional equipment needed.
The latest buzz in Solar Energy is battery storage, SolarEdge solution is the StorEdge system.
StorEdge is an all-in-one solution that uses a single grid-tied DC optimized inverter to manage and monitor both solar generation and energy storage. Homeowners are automatically provided with backup power in the event of grid interruption to power pre-selected loads.
Smart energy management allows storing of solar energy in a battery to meet export limitations, offer demand response and peak shaving, and perform time of use shifting for reduced electric bills. Existing SolarEdge systems can be upgraded to the StorEdge solution. Click here for more information